17 Jul 2013

Hair gone wrong. . .

I am not happy.
I would have been of the opinion that one could style any haircut and look gorgeous, but recently I had a pretty terrible experience that has put me off doing anything too drastic to my hair ever again.

About a year ago I wanted to experiment with the dip dye trend. After several attempts, and eventually just using a highlighter kit, I got really blonde ends. 


I didn't want to be using peroxide for upkeep so instead I used John Freida Go Blonde products. I truly did love this hair style and despite the peroxide my hair was still pretty healthy and it really suited me. 

Last month I figured it was time for a change, Sometimes the blonde looked dull and whispy so I opted for a chocolate brown with a heavy fringe. Sounds good right? Think again.

Gabby with her fiiiiiine hair

I wanted a hairstyle that emulated Gabrielle ApLin, who is coincidentally my style icon at the moment. What I got was a style that emulated Japanese cartoons.



I tried to give it time, to get used to it but it just didn't suit me. It was too dark and my hair looked like straw and unhealthy. After days of endless conversations about my hair, I got up early, went to town and bought ColourB4. 
The night before I watched so many youtube videos about good and shockingly bad results, but after weighing out the pro's and con's, I decided to go for it!



ColourB4 is no joke. Firstly, it takes a pretty long time so make sure you have about 2 to 3 hours free and a movie lined up to pass the time. 

You to apply this disgusting smelling solution to you hair, everybit of it and then comb it through. Then i had to wrap a plastic bag around it and a towel to speed up the process. After about an hour I started rinsing my hair for 10 minutes, the you apply a buffer and after a minute, you rinse for a further 5 minutes, then you apply the buffer again and rinse again for 5 minutes. It really does take forever. 
And after all that I applied a deep conditioning mask that I had just to repair my hair from all the washing and chemicals. 

But, the results are worth it. While I didn't exactly get back to my original hair colour, I did get a far more natural and healthier looking hair! And it's so shiny.

This is my hair now!
Also my hair now plus a pretty filter from Instagram



No comments:

Post a Comment