14 Mar 2014

Spring is in the Air




Spring is here at last, the weather is finally warm enough to ditch the 10 layers and woolly coats in favour of something lighter.

Although, I love Spring and loathe winter I still have difficulty transitioning from my winter wardrobe. I have a wardrobe full of  black and grey and have always shyed away from pastels and bright colours. But 2014 is the year of change! I’m finally ready to accept some colour into my life and what better time to start than the present. Floral trousers and pastel blouses will be bought!




Things that I will be buying this Spring: pastel everything, floral prints, blazers and blouses in all kinds of bright colours. Shoes in any colour except black!





Things I won't be buying this Spring: These pink jelly sandals:



Will someone please explain to me why a grown woman would wear these? Perhaps it's because my mother would never let me wear plastic shoes as a child so I don't have the fond memories of jelly shoes... or perhaps it's just the fact that they are jelly shoes and if you wouldn't wear Crocs why would you wear these?! 

Some questionable sandals that I will be investing in however are Birkenstocks. I've been a lover of Birkenstocks for a good 10-12 years but I've never had balls to follow my dreams and buy them, they also haven't been fashionable for that time. Never one to jump on a trend, I've waited over 10 years for this one to come back around and I'll be damned if I'll wait one more year to slip my feet into those perfectly formed and functional orthopaedic sandals. Finally a shoe that will support me no matter what life choices I make.  

Unfortunately, before myself and Mr. Birkenstock become solemates (yes I really am that funny in real life) I have the tough decision of what type to buy. My head says double strap, white sole 'They'll go with everything'  but my heart says all the colours, patterns and prints 'You need them all' 



 VS


There is such an array of bright colours and cute patterns (they even have Disney Birk's) that I know once I start buying more and more will just start finding their way into my (virtual) basket!


So here's to Spring and Spring shopping, fresh flowers and freshly cut grass! Looking forward to plenty of Spring Style outfit posts... and Instagram pictures of flowers.



Until next time...

Besos
Au Revoir
Slán




images: polyvore, pinterst, google
theCrayze is so multi-cultural don't ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment